MMMay is over!
- Day 22: Malaga Pleated Hem Top. The pleats at the hem of this are so good, as is the v-neckline in the back. It hangs from the shoulders down your back in a way that feels luxurious and also like you’re wearing a secret cape. I dig it.
- Day 23: My sleeveless Matcha, again. I needed some cheering up.
- Day 24: Wiksten Tova Dress. Brand new!
- Day 25: Ruby Top. An oldie but a goodie.
- Day 26: Ryan Top, again. Not pictured: my Weekender Duffle!
- Day 27: Tiny Pocket Tank. Terrible fit on this, it doesn’t suit me at all and was made out of quilting cotton to boot. But it matches my blue shorts so well!
- Day 28: Gemma Tank. I love this pattern and think it fits pretty much perfectly, but when I made it with the scooped neck it didn’t fit so well. WHY?
- Day 29: Bianca Top. This was me reaching for one of those makes that I never reach for. I love his fabric’s hand, hate its color. I mean, mint is fine, but not for me to wear. Pulling this out of the closet confirmed that I need to let it go. I have so many me-made that I love so much. This one makes me sad.
- Day 30: Sailor Top. This is another one I never reach for. I love the fabric and the pattern is OK, but I don’t know. I think I’m just not in a peasant-blouse place.
- Day 31: GINGER JEANS. Fresh off the sewing machine. Plus my plain white Akita because I wanted to wear an all me-made outfit for the FIRST TIME EVER. Even though I have several fabrics in my stash that would look very nice with black jeans, I haven’t turned any of them into tops, yet.
Did I meet my pledges? Yes, no, and maybe later.
- Strive to pair me-made blouses with something other than jeans. Stretch goal: accessorize!
- Um, no. First off, what was with this goal? What did I imagine myself wearing shirts with if not jeans? The real idea behind this was to accessorize and create outfits. I still have no idea how to “outfit”. I’m a jeans + top sort of person. My only hangup about it is that it makes for pretty boring daily photo sharing, a problem I’ve decided to remedy in the future by not posting daily photos.
- Get some jeans/pants that I feel good in. Stretch goal: make them!
- I did both! I bought new jeans! I made new jeans! I am awash in jeans! I have THREE PAIRS that fit! That’s more pairs than I’ve had in years.
- Wear my unused and forgotten shawls out of the house, each one at least once.
- I wore one shawl once. Sigh. Maybe I’ll try this one again in the fall. Winter stays late and summer comes early to the Midwest and we just didn’t see a lot of in-between temps like I had hoped for. Actually, how that I’m writing this a shawl would have spruced up the plain white t and black jeans I’m wearing. Oh, well.
My biggest take away was that I chose to repeat some me-made tops rather than wear others even a single time for the whole month. I have some cleaning out to do!