I’m spamming Instagram (@busyhandsidlemind) with photos, so I’ll not spam you here. A summary will suffice.
Clockwise from the upper left hand corner:
- Day 1: Ryan Top; Icarus shawl. This is my only me-made that has received compliments from strangers in the wild. It appeals to a certain older-skewing yoga-going demographic. It fits perfectly. I need more.
- Day 2: Farrow Dress. My company’s CEO mistook me for one of our creators one day wearing this. I took it as a compliment. She’s very cool. And has great style, obvs.
- Day 3: Sleeveless Matcha Top; #22 Garter-Stitch Yoke Cardigan. This is me trying to make an “outfit”. The print and sweater are a great match, the styles not so much.
- Day 4: York Top. I rarely get to ride my bike to work. I was very visible in my hot pink paisley shirt.
- Day 5: Fen Dress. What an excellent summer dress. Go make one.
- Day 6: Willow Dress. Just finished! More on that later.
- Day 7: Sleeved Matcha Top. I wore this to an interview. No joke, saw my very casual company’s HR director while I was on my way there all suited up. Awkward!
Takeaways so far:
- If I’m going to meet my goal of pairing me-made tops with something other than rtw bottoms I’d better get to those jeans I basted up weeks ago and haven’t looked at since.
- I still don’t know how to wear a shawl.
- I am happily surprised to report I think I need more dresses!
- I find myself not wanting to repeat outfits which means I’m going to have to find new ways to wear pieces. Which was the point, right? But I don’t know how to do it!